Competitive advantage refers to quality that makes product or service more valuable and unique in some way compared to similar products and services offered by competitors. Sustainable competitive advantage is competitive advantage which competitors cannot easily copy.
Competitive advantage may be increased by improving value that product or service adds to customers. Increased value can be achieved by improving the total product offering such as improving delivery time, customer service levels, how fast quotations are provided and how customer is treated if the need for return or exchange arises. Below are some examples of a competitive advantage:
- It is a dedicated search site.
- A clean and simple interface which can load very quickly.
- The ability to manage searches in multiple languages.
- All Apple products are tightly integrated and work very well together.
- The brand is known for exceptional design and usability.
- Easy to use, simple, light, compact and accessible.