Many of our readers at Firmsconsulting.com and Lillilooloo.com aspire to join prestigious consulting firms but have no business background. In some cases our readers are business students striving to obtain higher grades for a chance at landing an offer from McKinsey, Bain or the BCG. In other cases, our readers are consultants with no business background. In all case a clear gap about business exists.
This blog logically fills that gap. It provides a comprehensive guide to key business topics. Think of it as your own MBA or Business School. Although it is a blog, we do not write news pieces. Each article is a careful summary of relevant business topics. If you follow the blog, you will understand key concepts in business. Although the blog will be useful to anyone seeking business information, it will be especially useful to consultants or aspiring consultants. That is after all the focus of the three websites.
This is a work in progress. We will build this blog out over the next few years but feel we have sufficient information for it to immediately be an effective resource . So how does this blog fit into the Lillilooloo.com family?
- BlogBSchool is focused on aspiring consultants and consultants who require quick access to explanations on business concepts. While we provide overviews of all key concepts we take special care to provide in-depth information on finance and financial analyses. This reflects our Wharton and Rotman influences. Later we will apply the same consulting analyses style to other areas of business like organizational design, marketing, risk management and so on.
- Firmsconsulting caters to candidates before they join consulting firms. This site helps you find the right firm and obtain an offer. Firmsconsulting is a blog run by ex-management consultants, about management consulting and brought to you byLillilooloo.com.
- Lillilooloo.com is for consultants (after candidates join a consulting firm). We help consultants find detailed templates, manuals, guides, toolkits and books about management consulting. We are the only site offering this service. This site is also useful to MBA students seeking completed analyses and cases.
We know how hard it is to find insightful and relevant information about management consulting; that’s why we created the blog and website. In our previous lives we served in 4 premium international consulting firms all the way from business analyst to senior partner. Therefore we have a very good understanding of the sector and hope to share our knowledge with you.
Lillilooloo was founded by us in 2008. After we left consulting, many colleagues contacted us for advice on consulting analytics. Common requests where to help them design analyses, analyse data or provide advice to manage projects. Our now independent consulting friends, who missed the support staff they used at their previous firms, where under pressure to build their business and just did not have the resources needed. Toolkits and manuals for them did not exist. We surveyed our colleagues and found this to be a consistent problem. So we started building the website and writing.
While Lillilooloo.com focused on toolkits, manuals, templates and guides, we felt that objective and relevant information about the sector was still missing. On 23 August 2010, we started the Firmsconsulting blog to fill that gap. It has become a huge success in a short space of time and we are really excited about building it further.
Together, Lillilooloo.com, BlogBSchool.com and Firmsconsulting.com are fast becoming the trusted destination for management consultants, students and analysts to understand the tools and techniques of management consulting, and find the best industry information. Our books offer inside information to: understand, follow and replicate consulting best practices. However, we offer much more than our consulting books;
- We offer the internet’s largest free platform for consultants to upload and share consulting material. It now hosts 80,000 documents.
- As mentioned above, we produce and sell the highly popular book “Succeeding as a Management Consultant”. This 252 page guide teaches you the tools and techniques of the leading management consulting firms.
- We offer a store for members to sell toolkits and manuals. This hosts 217 (and counting) high-quality management consulting documents.
- The site offers a fully functional 24-hour back-office where users can tap into our network of consulting specialists to produce high quality documents.
- FirmsConsulting TV is the only free channel providing tutorials for management consultants. We also develop and post unique information about the sector.
- We host the worlds first and largest Case-Athon. A full day of case interview training by our experts, live via video conference with live questions, answers and coaching. Our event at the end of October will involve attendees from 12 countries, 10 time-zones and intending to apply to six major management consulting firms.
- BlogBSchool offers guidance, coaching and tutorials to business school students. We also offer comprehensive GMAT coaching and assist in applications to business schools. We know how to write winning essays.
Today, Lillilooloo.com, BlogBSchool.com & Firmsconsulting.com serve many grateful users each month by helping them share and find user-generated content, buy high-quality manuals to impress clients, outsource analyses, apply to consulting firms and learn the tools and techniques of the leading consulting firms. Our work and knowledge of the management consulting world have allowed us to develop this extensive array of services.
We share an intense passion for management consulting, developing the analytics and discussing the techniques used by the top firms. We hope this comes through in our process and commitment to delivering the highest quality products and customer service.
If you have any questions about management consulting, please read the blog, visit the Lillilooloo.com site or email us at email@example.com. We care deeply about consulting and will offer you a personal service. We respond to all emails and manage this as a professional business.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Michael & the team.